Timpanogos High School.
Room 610 ext. 786610
7:15-7:40 (all days)
Monday, November 3, 2008
If you missed class on Monday, November 3rd....
I think this picture of Charon and a "guest" is so appropriate. The shade holds several coins in her hands while Charon obtains one from her mouth; she was clearly aware of the need for preparation.
Imagine the nature of your dreams if they were sent to you by "this" Morpheus!
Dear Mythology Students,
If you missed class today, we completed the following:
1. We watched a video regarding Hades.
2. We completed a quiz regarding the myth entitled "Orpheus and Eurydice"
3. We reviewed some of the errors within your Nature Myths.
4. Nature Myths were returns to their "owners."
1. Your "Nature Myth Revisions" are due on Tuesday, November 11th.
2. Your quiz covering Hades will take place on Wednesday.
3. DO NOT MISS CLASS ON WEDNESDAY, as you will be receiving the explanation for your "Underworld" assignment.
PREPARATIONS FOR YOUR "HADES" QUIZ:
1. Please review the four significant sinners (Tantalus, Sisyphus, Danaids, Ixion) that we discussed last Thursday! You will see images of each sinner(s) and then asked to identify them by name, crime, punishment, and the symbolism behind their punishment. Review the previous post for assistance with this.
2. You will be given quotes from pieces of literature that allude to individuals and locations within Hades. Review your red handout regarding the following:
a. The Fates
c. Minos, Rhadamanthese, and Aeucus
d. Somnus and Morpheus e. Elysium
f. Asphodel Fields
g. Tartarus h. Charon i. Cerberus
Can you identify the following characters associated with Hades?