If you missed class, I missed you! For whatever reason you were gone, I look forward to your return!
This is what we completed....
1. We finished the "history lessons" regarding the Minoans and the Myceneans.
2. Students then watched a 20 minute History Channel regarding the Minoan civilization. This is Journal #13. If you missed class, we can arrange a time for you to come in and watch the movie in order to make up the journal entry?
3. We then started discussing the myth by completing the storyboard that is included with your handout.
1. Please read the "Theseus" myth pages 155-165 for Friday.
2. Respond to the following four questions for Friday. Please support your answers with textual support from the myth. These questions will be useful for your "Theseus" quest!
A. Consider the archetypal heroic patter in relationship to the "Theseus" myth. Begin with his "birth" and go on from there........
B. The labyrinth is symbolic for something else. Remember that it is full of "twists" and "turns" causing those that enter to change their direction. Consider this when you evaluate the symbolic meaning.
C. The minotaur is an interesting monster. It has the head of a bull and the body of a human. What do you think the minotaur symbolizes?
D. The twine given to Theseus helps him escape from the labyrinth. What does it symbolize.
Did I miss anything?
No, we did nothing! We never do anything in class! Of course you missed something! We started discussing the history behind our next hero called THESEUS!
What do I need to do?
Stop by the room and collect the "storyboard" that outlines all the information regarding the history and the myth itself.
Look up the following in relationship to the storyboard: