Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well done on your presentations, Mythology Kids!

Dear Mythology Kids,

I hope you enjoy/enjoyed (if you're reading this after Saturday) your weekend. Start thinking about the subject for your mosaic assignment. You may select any god, myth, and/or mortal we have discussed up to this point in our study of Classical Mythology. Just make sure you are passionate about the subject. Athena is my favorite god, and Antigone is my favorite mortal, so I would select between the two of them for my subject.

I think this photograph is ingenious, as it gives the audience a concept of Athena's perspective.


This is an artist's impression of Antigone with Creon. Notice the choice of colors for the two characters. This is symbolic of the strong dicotomy in their natures.


If you missed class today (Thursday, Dec. 4th), we completed the presentations on the following characters. You will have a QUIZ on MONDAY covering them.
  • Eris
  • Chiron
  • Casseopeia
  • Andromeda
  • Medusa
  • Graea (Grey Witches)

Your PRACTICE QUIZ is below! I will see you on Monday!

1. "I apologize, maam, but your name doesn't appear to be on the guest list." _____________

2. Why are the innocent always punished for the guilty? _______________

3. I am the surrogate father to Achilles. ___________

4. I'm "built" upside down. ______________

5. From a distance, these characters looked like swans. _____________

6. Wife to Perseus ________________

7. "For the Fairest." ________________

8. I am the only "mortal" of my kind. My sisters are both immortal _____________

9. I was wounded by a hydra-dipped arrow, but I did not perish. ______________

10. I claimed to possess more beauty than Poseidon's nereids. _______________

Cheers,

Crampton

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...