Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Welcome back, cute kids! You only have 6 weeks left, and you can make it!

Dear Mythology Kids,
STOP MISSING CLASS! If you missed today, we completed the following:

1. I explained your new "poetry" assignment. Please visit with me to obtain the information regarding this assignment, and then I will refer you to one of your classmates for a detailed explanation.
2. We then reviewed the myths "War between the Aesir and Vanir," "Building Asgard's Wall," and "Loki's Children and the binding of Fenrir."
3. I returned each student's notations regarding the above myths. You submitted the notations the Friday prior to spring break. We then reviewed the questions you had asked and had a group discussion using your questions as a catalyst.  YOU ASKED SOME VALID AND LOGICAL QUESTIONS!

HOMEWORK:
1. Plan on a quiz covering the gods and the three myths from #2 above on Thursday. You are welcome to create flashcards to assist you.
2. Please work on obtain your poem and completing the "write-up" for it. This assignment is due on Friday, April 29th!

Practice Quiz: Please choose the god that best fits each clue.

1. "It is so nice to meet you." ( What do you do when you first meet someone?) ____________
2. "Here kitty, kitty....." ________________
3. "The better to see you with, my dear." _________________
4. Malevolent, Mischievous, and Malicious _________________
5. "I love toy boats, especially if they can fold up and fit in my pocket." _____________
6. Salt water is excellent for my skin, because it acts as an exfoliate. _______________
7. He gave me a splitting headache. _______________
8. "Promise me that you won't lay a hand on him. " _________________
9. "If I could only relive my youth again." ______________
10. Black and White, Life and Death, Good and Evil _____________________

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...