If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. We completed obtaining more information regarding the gods!
2. We then started to discuss different motifs found within Norse Myths.
3. Journal #12 "Fate vs. Choice"
Part 1: Are we victims of inescapable fate, or do we have the power to create our own destiny? Some believe that fate leaves them with feelings of helplessness, while others believe that a belief in fate gives them a sense of reassurance and comfort. What do you believe? Thoroughly explain your response. Indicate your impressions of the Norse belief in fate, specifically in relationship to the "power" and "lack of power" it provides the Norse gods.
Part 2: The film Serendipity focuses on the idea that fate controls our destiny. As you view the clip, discuss the legitimate and absurd aspects regarding the concept of fate depicted in the film.
4. We continued by discussing the journal entry. Fate is a strong motif in Norse myths; consequently, it is valuable to consider your own concepts regarding this topic.
5. We started reading the myths.......FINALLY!
"The War of the Aesir and Vanir" pgs.7-8
""The Building of Asgard's Wall" pgs. 9-14