If you missed class we completed the following: ICARUS!
1. We completed grading the "Labyrinth" quiz!
2. We then discussed the difference between a mythological "allusion" and a mythological "reference."
3. Students were given the following examples and asked to place them in the "handout" section of their notebook. Copy this as a work document and place it in the "handout section" of your notebook. As a class, we identified the allusions and references found within each section of poetry. Please do the same. If you need assistance, you are welcome to stop by my room during a flex session!
4. We continued by discussing the many allusions and references found to Icarus within literature and art.
5. Students then received a new assignment entitled "Mythological Allusions." Students may choose between this assignment and the "Hero Movie," both are due on Wednesday! Please stop by my room regarding the Allusions assignment; it is too large to include here.
1. Choose between the "movie essay" or the "Mythological allusions" due on Wed., December 17th!
2. Remember that another 1/4 of your mosaic must be completed by the 19th!