I am so proud of you, as each student and/or partnership did well on their presentation. We completed the presentations today in class. Your quiz on Friday, will cover ALL the characters associated with Odysseus. Please note the list below:
- Lotus Eaters/Polyphemus
- Ganymede/Iris (for B1 only)
1. Please read the myth entitled "Glaucus and Scylla" pg. 296 in your textbook.
2. Prepare for a quiz covering the characters associated with Odysseus.
3. I returned the "peer reviews" for your "Underworld Assignments" today in class. The second draft for your "Underworld" is due on Tuesday, Dec. 8th. If you missed class today (Wednesday), please remember to collect your paper upon your return!
1. "Drugs, enjoy them while they last." ______________
2. "Let's eat human kabobs for dinner. "______________
3. Odysseus and his crew helped themselves to my stores of cheese and milk.____________
4. "Do not eat the cattle of the sun god, Helios." _________________
5. God of the winds. _______________
6. We are "dying" to hear their song. __________________
7. My friend and I have a habit of not keeping our boyfriends for long. I've had six in the last few days, and she's had so many that I've lost count (any order).
7. ________________________ 8. _____________________
9. "You will set him free, or your little island will find itself at the bottom of Poseidon's sea. " ___________________
10. Next to Athena and Arachne, I am an exceptional weaver._________________
11. "I've waited 20 years to meet you." ____________
12. "Let's see...what animal does your male psyche resemble the most." _____________
13. In exchange for me, Zeus gave my father horses that could run on water. _______________ (B1 Only)
14. Female messenger to the gods. _________________ (B1 Only)
I will look forward to seeing you on FRIDAY!