I miss you so much when you are not in class. Please work on always attending, unless of course, you are incredibly ill...then stay home!
1. Presented information on the following gods. Please obtain the information from someone else in class.
Aphrodite and Ares
2. Please make sure you obtain the information that was presented in class, as your QUIZ on Wednesday will pertain to more detailed information concerning the gods.
3. Students were given a new assignment entitled "Modern Day God" assignment. Please visit with me about this if you have questions. The due date is Tuesday, September 28th.
Instructions for "Modern Day God" Assignment:
1.Through our class discussions, each student should have a greater understanding concerning the Olympians. Please select ONE Olympian and connect him/her to an individual from past or present society. The god you select does not need to be the same one you research regarding your “Handout” assignment.
2.All of the god's attributes do not need to be obvious in relationship to the individual chosen for connection; however, you must be able to relate at least one (obviously) attribute that both possess. Please go beyond the obvious, by focusing on intrinsic characters rather than appearance.
3.In order to obtain enough information regarding your chosen connection, you will need to complete some research. Please note the citation examples below concerning a book or Internet source.
BOOK: Carter, Joseph. The Life of Mark Twain. Scott Foreman, Pub., New York, NY.
INTERNET: William, Jacob. “Mark Twain.” The Mark Twain No One Knew. August
17th, 2001. September 11, 2008.
4.Please begin your response by indicating the connection between the god and your chosen individual (Introduction). Your next paragraph needs to indicate aspects concerning the god (Body Paragraph #1). The third paragraph will focus on the individual chosen for comparison (Body Paragraph #2). Finally, your fourth paragraph will justify why you elected to compare the two characters (Conclusion)
5.Please use ACADEMIC VOICE for your response.
6.MLA Format regarding structure and citations also needs to be used. Double space your response, using Times New Roman print, and 12 point font.
7. Please incorporate an image of your “modern day” comparison in your paper.
May the power of Athena and Hephaestus be with you, my young friends!
Let me know if you need any assistance.
Instructions: Please select the god that BEST fits each description. You will need to identify the character with both Greek and Roman names. For some questions you will need to justify your response. Some gods may be used more than once.
1. Venerate, Vigil, Valuable, Vigilante, Volume, Viscous...I love words that begin with the letter V. ______________/______________ (both Greek and Roman names)
2. I would make an excellent "shop" teacher. ______________/___________
3. I have a PhD in Statistics. __________/______________
4. I am "President Obama" of the Olympians. _____________/____________
5. I directed a documentary film on master thieves. ___________/____________
6. I would do well working in a floral shop, as the buds would always bloom.
7. War of the Worlds is my favorite film. ____________/___________
8. I always "hit my mark." __________/_____________
9. I am responsible for desecrating a temple. ____________/_____________
10. Justify your response for #9 ____________________________________________
11. A trick was played to woo me, so "love can not live where there is no trust." ______/_____
12. Justify your response for #11. ____________________________________________
13. I failed to ask my wife's mother for her hand in "marriage." _________/_________
14. "Make me the most beautiful land animal." __________/____________
Good luck with the practice quiz.
I will see you on Wednesday!
Cheers, CramptonPRACTICE QUIZ