Dear Mythology Kids,
If you missed class, we completed the following:
1.We read the final chapter of Beowulf concerning the battle with the Dragon.
2. We then viewed a clip from Beowulf regarding the final battle scene with the Dragon.
3. We then separated into groups based upon color coded tags located on each desk. Each group received information regarding Norse Death Customs. We then reviewed the information and developed a list of facts for each group's assigned section.
4. We will share this information will everyone on Friday.
1. Please prepare for an exam covering "Beowulf" on Friday.
2. Please read "Balder's Dreams" pg. 147
3. Notate the myth/5-8/page/ALL YOUR COLORS!
NOTE: XC is due on Monday, May 23rd
For each of the included options, please submit a one page response.
1. View THOR (include your movie ticket along with a response to errors in the film and aspects that are correctly depicted).
2. Compare "Beowulf" to 13 Warrior
3. View Lord of the Rings and discuss references and allusions to the Norse Myths
4. Read "Sigurd, the Dragon Slayer" ( I will give you a copy of the myth) and view Lord of the Rings. Compare the two texts