- "Necklace of the Brisings" pgs. 65- 70
- "Theft of Idun's Apples" pgs. 38-44
Monday, May 2, 2011
Dear Mythology Students,
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend! For those of you who attended Prom, I enjoyed seeing you at the dance. I must say, that I think you "clean up" so well. Basically, you looked junoesque and apollonian.
1. Locate an answer to the following questions concerning the epic poem Beowulf.
1. Who is the Beowulf poet? (Hint: You won't find a name for the poet, but you will discover some information about him in your research.)
2. The original poem was written using what language?
3. Why is the Beowulf poem so valuable?
4. Identify the three monsters destroyed by Beowulf?
5. How does Beowulf destroy each monster?
2. Research the above questions, using the Internet (use "Beowulf Manuscript" or "Beowulf Epic Poem") as your source. Print off a hard copy of your source (or sources, if you need more than one to obtain answers to the five questions), highlighting the answers to the questions within the body of the source.
3. Please read the following myths for Thursday. Please prepare for a quiz covering both myths.
4. Please notate the myths/5-8/page/ALL YOUR COLORS!
Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...
Dear Mythology Students, Norse Mythology are the stories of the Scandanavian people . The Norse were extremely skilled at sea faring ; co...
Dear Mythology Students , I welcome you to the land of gods and goddesses, where logic does not exist, only the idea that some where i...
Dear Mythology Kids, Enjoy your LONG WEEKEND, cute kids, but work on your monologue assignment due on Thursday, Feb. 23rd! What did you m...