Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday, January 12th, 2012

YOUR MOSAICS are BREATHTAKING! I am transfixed by your aesthetic abilities!

If you missed class on Tuesday, January 11th, 2012 you were introduced to the concepts of "Allusion" and "Reference," and the role of mythological allusions and references found in literary work. Please visit with a classmate in order to obtain this information.

I used Icarus as my focus for emphasizing how frequently references and allusions to mythology arise in literary work. This, of course, is due to the fact that universal themes are always prevalent within the myths; therefore, audiences of all types can connect with the themes that are used.
HOMEWORK:
1. Your Mythological Allusions assignment is due on Tuesday., Jan. 17th. If you missed class, please visit with a friend and then stop by and chat with me, so that I can give you the explanation sheets for your assignment.

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...