Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tuesday, September 30th, 2014

Dear Mythology Kids,

STOP MISSING CLASS! I love your guts, but I am going to "call you out!" If you are ill, then by all means stay at home, but many of you are not getting up in time for school, so you are missing first period, or you are going out for lunch, and failing to watch the clock. ARRIVE ON TIME, as it is SO RUDE when you are LATE! FIGURE IT OUT, my young friends. I don't have the time to repeat myself, even though I do that frequently in class. Seriously, I don't have an extra 80 minutes to offer you. VISIT WITH ANOTHER STUDENT IN CLASS, in order to find out what you missed! CHANGE YOURSELVES and if you need help then contact a psychologist! I am happy to act as your "psychologist!" I AM SICK 24 hours a day for the rest of my life, but I figure things out! 

1. Students took a few minutes to review for their "application" quiz covering the gods. 
2. Students took the quiz and then we corrected it. Those of you that missed class, please communicate with me, so we can decide on a time that will work for you to take the quiz.
3. We then discussed "Daphne." Students identified two THEMES within the myth and as a class we recorded those themes on the pink handout that each of you received last class period.
4. Depending on your class, we continued discussing the explanatory myths of "Prometheus, " "Pandora," and "Demeter"

HOMEWORK:
1. Remember that your Comparison Analysis is due on THURSDAY, October 2nd. In addition, remember to have your Works Cited with you, as well!

Cheers,
Crampton


Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...