If you missed class, the following was completed:
1. Students were introduced to "Antigone," the companion piece to "Oedipus." YOU HAVE THIS MYTH in the HANDOUT section of you r notebook; it is copied on a yellow sheet of paper, and it has a flow chart at the top of the handout.
2. Students were given information on the characters via the flow chart. Please obtain this information from another mythology student. DO NOT COPY THE NAMES, but rather have the other student EXPLAIN the characters' roles within the myth.
Several images were offered to the class in order to give schema regarding the myth. See the following:
3. Students were then reviewed "Oedipus" regarding the irony found within the myth.
4. For PC #2 prt 2, students were asked to watch a short film entitled "INJA." You will need to locate the film via YouTube. It is a foreign film containing a significant amount of Irony. As you view the film, make a list of the elements of irony and how they effect you as the audience.
5. Students were then given the quiz for "Oedipus." The quiz will be given in class on Wednesday.
1. Please read "ANTIGONE." You have the myth in the "handout" section of your binder.
ANNOTATE for the myth's "TRUTHS." There are several truths to the myth, but you are required to indicate a minimum of TWO. For each theme, please locate a minimum of THREE pieces of text that support the themes you have chosen.