If you missed class, we completed the following:
1. Students were introduced to "Greek Vocabulary." The first two words given were
MERCURIAL and SATURNINE.....Locate the pink vocabulary sheet you have in the "vocab" section of your notebook. You will need to locate the definition, etymology, and a synonym on your own.
2. Students were then given copies of the following myths:
PROMETHEUS, PANDORA, NARCISSUS, and asked to READ, ANNOTATE, and NOTATE for text that proves each myth's theme. This was HW.
3. We actually started on PROMETHEUS in class.
1. Students were asked to complete PC #10 part 1 and PC #10 part 2
Both are located below.
PC #10 pt. 1
1. Please offer an explanation regarding Nike’s use of the word Mercurial for the soccer cleats? What are they attempting to say to the buyer?
2. How do you feel about a “Saturnine” hello?
PC #10/pt. 2
After reading "Pandora," you know that Hope remains in the jar. Is Hope a negative or a positive? Explain. What did the Greeks think about Hope?
2. We finished extrapolating "Prometheus," "Pandora," and "Narcissus" in class. I recommend that you communicate with one of the members from your group. The information for each myth was recorded on the yellow handout that has the myth's titles on it. This is a valuable document, as it will be used for a future assignment. PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF IT.
1. Your project is due on Tuesday, October 17th. It counts as your final exam, so you must have it in order to pass this quarter. Please let me know how I can help you.
2. YOU WILL NEED YOUR BOOK in class on TUESDAY!