STOP MISSING CLASS! I am always available to assist you, but it is not fair for you to assume that I can drop everything when you haven't acted as an advocate for yourself! PROBLEM SOLVE.....FIGURE IT OUT...COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE IN CLASS...CHECK THE BLOG! MIDTERMS ARE TODAY!
1. Each character group created an "up to date" list for their character based upon the list that was created on Wednesday, and the notes that I offered you upon looking at your "character sheets." EACH GROUP MEMBER CREATED THEIR OWN LIST!
2. Each group member delegated roles and answered the following questions:
1. What role does the character play in THE ILIAD?
2.Why this character? There are many associated with the epic poem, so why is your character worth understanding?
3. What TWO events associated with your character are essential for us to know and understand?
4. Same as #3, but second event-
3. Students were then introduced to HELEN of SPARTA! I modeled for them how their presentations with go, but using the images that were given to me in the "Helen" envelope. The following images are each connected to Helen's importance to the epic poem. If you missed class, please communicate with someone that was present. DO NOT COPY THEIR NOTES, but ask them to EXPLAIN Helen to you.
4. Each group returned to the images within the envelops and reviewed those for their presentation.
YOU HAVE NO HOMEWORK other than to work on your PROJECT!
Please interpret the following text in relationship to the introductory information you were given last time. Do YOUR BEST without your orange handout!
When events such as a wedding occur, no one should be excluded from the guest list. If so, the “uninvited” usually poison the apple punch, which invariably turns into a female squabble of cyclopean proportions. Then the guests must wait for the contention to subside by watching a performance of swan lake. While at the showing, guests are welcome to choose from the concessions stand. The four most popular delicacies are omelets, quiche, egg soufflé, and egg salad sandwiches. Interestingly enough, concessions is owned and operated by three Junoesque ladies who like to occupy their time by playing a game where not one of them can win.