Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The KEY to SUCCESS is PREPARATION!

Hello, Mythology Students,


This is who I am going to be for Halloween! I am happy to give you extra-credit if you choose to "take on" the role of a Greek character we have studied as your Halloween persona. Take a picture, and then send me a copy of it; it's that simple. If you need some ideas, please feel free to ask me....happy creating!



You are clearly preparing for Exam #1 by coming to the BLOG. Well done! I am proud of you! I have included seven images below of aspects pertaining to our class discussions this term. I have also included a question beneath each image. Although you will not see these pictures on your exams, you will see ones that are similar in nature. If you have questions, please send me an e-mail (koriandjc@yahoo.com) or visit with me at school. I will post new images each afternoon, so check the blog after school each day for more "practice images." Good Luck!


1.Identify this Greek character.
2.Explain what has just taken place in the above sculpture. You should mention two characters by name (use Greek and Roman).




3. Identify the primary Greek/Roman Character in the above sculpture.




4. This would not have been a pleasant experience for the women in the painting. Who are these two individuals? Why is this event taking place? In your response you should mention a female character that is not present.




5. Who is this character?



6. Identify this character (general term is fine). What is his significance to drama?

7. Okay, give me some schema regarding this painting. Clearly the cow is important, but why? Who are the other two individuals in the image?











Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...