If you missed class on Monday, Feb. 1st........
1. Remember that your Five Paragraph Film Essay is due on Monday, Feb. 8th. Please include a copy of your CORRECTED rough draft and then a copy of your FIRST DRAFT.
2. I gave each group some additional information concerning their character. If you missed class, then please visit with me on Wed., so I can give you the information for your character. I asked that the information be read prior to class on Wed.
3. TWO DIFFERENT IMAGES of your character are required on Wed. The pictures need to be at least 5x7 or 8x10 in size and preferably in color. Use "GOOGLE IMAGES" and remember to cite your sources for the pictures.
B1 STUDENTS: Remember that "your" copy of Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief is due back on Wed., Feb. 3rd
What did we do in class?
1. Two new vocabulary words were given during B1 and B4.....PROCRUSTEAN and HERCULEAN. Visit with someone in class regarding definitions and etymologies!
2. I check-off each student's Internet Source for their Iliad character.
3. I thoroughly explained the assignment associated with your Iliad Character. I have included a copy of the explanation below.
4. We worked in our groups organizing information about our character.
In order to fully grasp any literary work it is essential to gain an awareness of the characters. This assignment will assist you in developing a strong understanding of the primary characters in The Iliad, and strengthen your knowledge of the epic’s plot line.
You and your partner have selected one of the following characters from the epic.
Hector (Andromache/ Astanax)
Your assignment is to create a visual representation of your character and enlighten us on his/her significant to The Iliad. You will have the opportunity to do this through the use of you textbook (pgs. 185-210) and other sources (the handouts I have provided for you, and the Internet sources found by you and your partner).. In order to successfully complete this assignment, you will need to do some research.
Requirements for visual representation: Part I
Character’s name must appear somewhere on your visual
“Greek” or “Trojan” must also be indicated.
Biography of your character
1.Connection to other characters in the epic
2. Personality traits (interpreted through research)
3. Outcome of the character
4. Death? How? Who was involved?
5. Imprisoned? Why?
6. Concubines? Circumstances?
Five quotes from The Iliad (found within your textbook/pgs. 185-210) and other sources (ones I provided for you and your Internet Information) to indicate personality traits of your character.
* A total of five quotes are required. Three of these quotes must come from your textbook. The remaining two need to come from the other source material that you use for your research.
Two Images of character
5. Neat, organized, thorough, and creative.
Requirements for handout: Part II
A handout is required that details the information in #1-4 mentioned for Part I. The handout will be given to each class member to assist them with remembering the characters in The Iliad.
1. Two pictures of your character must appear on the handout.
2. Character’s name
3. “Greek” or “Trojan”
4. Biography of the character (refer to #3 above)
5. Five quotes from The Iliad to illustrate personality traits.
6. Works cited information (any source which I did not give to you needs to be included in your Works Cited listing)
7. Organized, typed, 12 point font, Times New Roman print.
Presentation: Part III
You will share your “findings” with us. The following are required on the day presentations begin:
1. Copies of your handout for each class member. (I am happy to make copies for you, but I need the original of your handout ONE class period prior to the due date).
2. Your handout saved to a USB drive. In order to project your handout on the screen, I will need to save it to my desktop.
3. The “visual image” of your character.
_____________ Research Day/ Prep Day/ Organizing Information
_____________ Organizing information on handout/ typing handout/ typing information that will appear on visual representation/ visual representation work.
_____________ Handout due if you want me to copy for you/ work day to “tie up loose ends”
_____________ Presentations begin (everything is due even if you don’t present your character)