MID-TERM is UPON US, and some of you are struggling! PLEASE let me know how I can assist you. I recommend that you take advantage of "consultation time" held each Monday. Remember that you need to be PRO-ACTIVE in relationship to your education! I AM HERE TO HELP!
1. We started class by reviewing "Prometheus" and "Pandora" in relationship to "moral truths" found within both myths. Students worked in groups, and then we discussed ideas as a class.
2. We continued our discussion regarding "Pandora," by responding to the following:
Journal #3 entitled "Hope"
1.Please consider the following quote by Friedrich Nietzsche. "Hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torment of man." "Talk" to me about this. Do you agree or disagree with Nietzsche? Explain why? Possibly you see his point of view, but you also view "hope" as a positive entity, as well. Please support your opinion with a personal example.
1. Please read "Demeter" located in YOUR BOOK! Annotate and notate for theme or moral truths.
2. Please read "Arachne" (given to you) and annotate/notate for theme or moral truths.
3. Please read "Narcissus" (given to you) and annotate notate for theme or moral truths.
(If you missed class, and therefore did not receive a copy of #2 and #3, then you may use the versions of both myths located in your book)
4. Complete the "Is Mythology a Lie" section for EACH MYTH!