I hope you have a great Fall Break! If you missed class, we completed the following:
1 Students were given schema regarding the "Oedipus" myth. This information was recorded on the back of the "Greek Drama" handout. The following images were used to guide students through offering schema. If you missed class, please communicate with a friend.
2. We then read the myth together. It is located on page 269 in your textbook. You will need to read it as homework!
3. Students worked on Journal #5 entitled "Oedipus." They were given two moral questions, and then asked to consider their own personal view, and then how the question is relevant to "Oedipus."
1. If a person is not taught that something is wrong, and then they commit that crime, are they guilty? Explain.
2. Do you believe in fate or choice? Explain.
Students were then given their "take home" quiz covering Oedipus. We discussed the structure of the response. Please communicate with a friend from class. USING YOUR BOOK IS A REQUIREMENT, as you must use text for concrete detail elements.
OLIVIA, please respond to the following prompt in association with the included text (blue).. Please consider the irony associated with the prompt, and how the irony affects the audience. This is due on Wednesday upon your return.
Students submitted their Personal Narrative assignment, and I returned the "Modern Day God" essay.
1. Oedipus Quiz
2. Revision of Introductory paragraph regarding "Modern Day God" paper.