Better late than never, right? Here is the practice quiz for your quiz on Monday. I'm sorry that I am just now posting it; I think you will still have time to complete it before I see you tomorrow.
1. I was in the operating room the night my brother my born. _____________/_____________
2. Love can not live where there is not trust. _____________/_____________
3. Justify your response for #2.
4. I would make an excellent AP statistics teacher. _____________/_____________
5. My father gave me many gifts due to my beauty. ______________/_____________
6. Quails are my favorite bird. ________________/__________________
7. Justify your response or #6.
8. I am crazy for cuckoo birds. _______________/______________
9. "He resembled a tadpole when I found him." _______________/_______________
10. Justify your response for #9.
If you missed class, we obtained information for Hephaestus, Artemis, and Apollo. Your quiz will pertain to Hera, Hephaestus, Artemis, and Apollo. Note the information for these members of the pantheon below.
- Zeus transforms into a cuckoo bird. Hera loves animals, and finds a "cuckoo bird" outside her window trapped in a storm. She brings the bird to her breast and states, "I will love you forever, cuckoo bird, and I swear by the River Styx that I will honor this vow." At this point, Zeus returned to his true form, raped Hera, and told her that she had to honor her vow by marrying him. If you swore by Styx your oath could not be broken.
- She loves animals.
- Hephaestus is her son without a father (in some versions) Hera was angry that Zeus had given birth to Athena without the assistance of a mother, so she gave birth to Hephaestus without a father. He was born ugly and unshapen, so she cast him off Mt. Olympus.
- Due to Zeus' affairs, Hera takes her anger and frustrations out on Zeus' lovers and children.
Artemis and Apollo
Artemis and Apollo