- If you find a section of text confusing then you would underline it using BROWN.
- If you are able to make a connection to your own life then you would underline that section of text using your PURPLE.
- Another way to annotate is by asking QUESTIONS about the text. RED is the color you will use for this annotation.
- If text gives you a different perspective then GREEN is your annotation color.
- ORANGE is the color you will use if you come across text that you find interesting
- YELLOW (i'm using black here, so you can SEE IT).....if you come across a vocab word that you do not know, then underline it using YELLOW!
THIS IS THE ARTICLE REGARDING HADES! Please annotate/notate the article using any or all the colors that you want. Yu need a total of 10-15 annotations/notations for the entire article. Please print it off, and have it ready to submit on Tuesday.
2. Students were then asked to visit about their homework assignment entitled "TITAN." Students were placed in groups, and a discussion took place regarding their interpretation of the questions posed on the Journal entry #6. Students submitted the entry and their paragraph response. WELL DONE to those of you that missed class, and submitted your assignment on the due date!
3. Students then finished the flow chart regarding "ANTIGONE." We started reading the myth in class, but we did not finish. We will finish reading it on Tuesday. MITCH and DANNY did a great job of trying to take on the roles of the "guard" and "Kreon." You both made an attempt, and that is what matters. For those of you that were absent, Please read the myth up to the second to the last page.
4. Students were also given two additional vocabulary words:
LACONIC and VENERATE.....Communicate with a friend in class. DO NOT COPY THEIR WORK, but have them explain the words to you, specifically the etymology.
1. Please read, annotate, and notate the article regarding HADES! You need 10-15 annotations/notations total.
2. Students received the "MODERN DAY GOD" assignment back. Students were offered 10 point to revise the essay again, but only if they were not happy with the final score.