Dear Mythology Kids,
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend; I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Those of you who are interested in going to Greece the summer of 2010, please visit with your parents about this opportunity.
If you missed class on Friday, September 11th, we did the following:
1. Presented information on the following gods:
Aphrodite and Ares
2. Please make sure you obtain the information that was presented in class, as your QUIZ on Tuesday will focus on this information.
Instructions: Please select the god that BEST fits each description. You will need to identify the character with both Greek and Roman names. For some questions you will need to justify your response. Some gods may be used more than once.
1. Venerate, Vigil, Valuable, Vigilante, Volume, Viscous...I love words that begin with the letter V. ______________/______________ (both Greek and Roman names)
2. I would make an excellent "shop" teacher. ______________/___________
3. I have a PhD in Statistics. __________/______________
4. I am "President Obama" of the Olympians. _____________/____________
5. I directed a documentary film on master thieves. ___________/____________
6. I would do well working in a floral shop, as the buds would always bloom.
7. War of the Worlds is my favorite film. ____________/___________
8. I always "hit my mark." __________/_____________
9. I am responsible for desecrating a temple. ____________/_____________
10. Justify your response for #9 ____________________________________________
11. A trick was played to woo me, so "love can not live where there is no trust." ______/_____
12. Justify your response for #11. ____________________________________________
13. I failed to ask my wife's mother for her hand in "marriage." _________/_________
14. "Make me the most beautiful land animal." __________/____________
I will see you soon!