Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday, September 15th...This is what you missed....

Dear Mythology Kids,

If you missed class today, I have placed copies of the myths that I gave to each student outside my door. I am working on having the myths converted to jpg files, but in order to do that I need to re-type them. So, you will need to be patient with me. In the mean time, please locate the myths outside my room.

This is an image of Prometheus. He is punished by Zeus for two reasons. The first pertains to a secret that he refuses to share with the King of Olympus, and the second reason relates to a trick that Prometheus plays upon Zeus in order to benefit mankind. Zeus punishes Prometheus by binding him to a mountain range and having an eagle eat his liver each night. It is a never ending punishment.

This is an image of Pandora; the first female created by Hephaestus. She is created to bring pain and havoc upon mankind. She opens a jar that contains all the evils of the world.
This relief depicts the "Rape of Persephone." We have discussed Hades' desire and longing for a companion. He selects Persephone, daughter to Zeus and Demeter, as his wife.


Please read the following myths for Thursday, September 17th:

A. "Prometheus" ( I will give you a copy of this myth)
B. "Pandora" ( I will give you a copy of this myth)
C. "Pandora" pgs. 72-76 in your textbook
D. "Demeter" pgs. 51-55 in your textbook
E. "Demeter and Persephone" ( I will give you a copy of this myth)

  • Plan on a quiz covering the myths on Thursday, September 17th.
  • You were also given your "Throne" assignment. Your throne is due on Friday, September 25th. This can be explained upon your return. Please visit with someone else in Mythology regarding the "Throne" assignment.

I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Cheers, Crampton

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...