Timpanogos High School.
Room 610 ext. 786610
7:15-7:40 (all days)
Monday, September 7, 2009
If you missed class on Friday, September 4th...You missed the Olympians!
10. Note: The artist has added a unicorn purely for effect! Unicorns are found in Persian Mythology; they have
nothing to do with Classical Myths
Dear Mythology Kids,
I hope you are enjoying the "last weekend of summer!" I have often wondered why we don't actually begin school AFTER Labor Day weekend? Have you ever asked yourself the same question? I'm sure it has something to do with the "180 days of school" rule! Oh well, never mind, at least you were able to sleep in this morning, right? I will look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.
For those of you that missed class on Friday, September 4th, we completed the following:
1. We corrected "The Creation" quiz
2. We completed your purple handout detailing the Greek and Roman names, symbols and domains of the gods. Please make sure you obtain this information, as your quiz will focus on ALL of the Olympians and their names, symbols and domains.
3. Each student submitted one copy of "The Handout" assignment, along with a copy of the additional source they used in order to obtain information about their god. The other copy was used in class.
4. Students worked in groups compiling the information they obtain about their god. This information was recorded on a transparency. We will use the transparencies during class on Wed. and Fri. of next week.
PRACTICE QUIZ for "The Olympians" NOTE: Idid not find an image of Hades that I felt was accurate. Please be aware of this when taking your quiz. I am having difficulties positioning the images in the body of the text. So, for the time being, you'll need to refer to the top of the post. Good Luck.....
For each image, please identify the Greek and Roman names,one other symbol besides those present in the image, and two of each god's domains. Please following the structure below for your responses.