Thursday, September 3, 2009

If you missed class on Wed., Aug. 2nd....

Dear Mythology Kids,

If you missed class on Wednesday, you will need to do the following:

1. Visit with someone else regarding your "HANDOUT" assignment. Each student was given one of the 13 Olympians to research. In addition, I gave each student information regarding their particular god. Your assignment requires that you have a minimum of two sources (I gave one to each student), and then you are to locate another source (Internet, your book, etc.) A valid website is "ENCYCLOPEDIA MYTHICA." This assignment is due on Friday. You should have two copies of your handout. One will be used in class, the other will be given to me. In addition, please make a copy of your additional source (the Internet, book, etc. ), as I want to see the other source you used to obtain information.

COLTEN HENRIE--You missed class on Wednesday. Your assigned god is HERMES/MERCURY. I have placed a copy of the assignment explanation and the information concerning Hermes outside my door. PLEASE COLLECT THEM so that you will be prepared for FRIDAY!

2. I also returned each student's "What is a Classic?" assignment. We discussed the importance of word choice and you were asked NEVER TO USE THE FOLLOWING "Dead Words" again:

GET, VERY, A LOT, SORT OF, KIND OF, LIKE, THINGS, COOL, STUFF, REALLY, COOL, PRETTY

3. We also took the quiz covering "The Creation." If you missed class then you need to be prepared to take the quiz the day you return to school. You can take the quiz during lunch or after school.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Crampton

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...