Monday, October 12, 2009

YOUR NATURE MYTH IS DUE ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14th, 2009

Greek Drama.....Your turn is quickly approaching!

Dear Mythology Students,
1. We took a quiz covering the information that we discussed last week regarding the fundamentals of Greek drama. If you missed class, please be prepared to take this quiz upon your return.



2. We then read a portion of "Antigone" by Sophocles.



3. Remember that you will have a quiz covering "Antigone" on Wednesday. If you missed class, then I would read the myth in your textbook. It is located on page 273. Please be familiar with the characters of Antigone, Ismene, Polyneices, Etocles, Creon and Haimon


4. Please DON'T MISS CLASS on WEDNESDAY, as your Nature Myth is due!

PRACTICE QUIZ for "ANTIGONE"
Instructions: Please identify the speaker or character referenced by the BOLD text.

1.You consider it right for a man of my years experience to go to school to a boy?

2. His bride in the house of the dead.

3. "You will grant me this..... one wish to bury my body in Thebes. I wish to always be a part of the land I love."

4. Which laws were stronger, those of morality or politics? For her, there was no question."

5. "You can't do that! It would be against the law. I don't have the strength to help you."

6. "Double the watch ! I want to find out who dared disobey me."

7."IT is not right if I am wrong, But if I am young, and right, what does my age matter?"

8. "I beg you, do not be unchangeable."

9. "This last flower of Oedipus' line drank the sunlight! Yet now a passionate word and a handful of dust have closed up all its beauty."

10."Before the sun sets this day, you shall pay twice. Yes, there will be two more corpse in return for one! And their blood will be on your hands."

Cheers,
Crampton





I look forward to seeing you soon!

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...