The Labors of Heracles....
Dear Mythology Kids,
I am so proud of those that have presented; you have clearly done your research! In preparation for your quiz on Thursday, I have included a "practice quiz" for you below.
For those of you you missed class today, Tuesday, November 17th, we discussed the following monsters associated with Heracles. In order to be prepared for the quiz on Tuesday, I would contact a friend that is currently in Mythology, or learn more about the characters through research. You have your handouts covering the characters, as well. THE MINOTAUR and DAEDALUS were also discussed, but these characters WILL NOT appear on Thursday's quiz.
1. Man-Eating Mares of Diomedes
2. Amazons (Girdle of Hippolyta)
5. Hesperides/ Ladon
Practice Quiz covering "Monsters associated with Heracles"
1."Stop acting so juvenile." _____________/_____________ (she has a Roman name)
2. "My car was stuck in the snow." _______________
3. We hate the sound of baby rattles. _______________
4. French, German, Latin, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Turkish, Arabic...the list could reach 100. __________________
5. While at the beach, a crab bit my heel (labor). ______________
6. "Hey, boss, you taste like chicken." ______________
7. Apollo is our master . ______________
8. Golden horns and bronze hooves _____________
9. Apples are a precious gift that must always be guarded ______________
10. "What a beautiful fur coat you have."
"Thank-you, it's made of steal." _________________
11."I would have gladly given him my belt." __________________
12. "Love Potion" ____________
13. Foul Fowls ________________
14. Third and immortal wife of Heracles_____________/_____________
15. My blood is toxic _____________
16. I am suffering from cancer (labor) _______________.