1. Read the myth "Lord of the Gallows" pgs. 15-17
2. Read the purple handout in your packet entitled "Runes."
3. Be prepared for a quiz covering #1 and #2 , the gods and the unusual characters on Thursday. In addition, we started our discussion of the Runes. Let me give you some schema regarding Runes, even though you will be reading the purple handout in your packet on the same subject.
The Runes are placed around this rendering of Odin riding Sleipnir.
We covered an extensive amount of information today in class. We completed the back of your yellow sheet. YOU WILL HAVE A QUIZ ON THURSDAY covering our discussion today. If you complete your flashcards (28), you are welcome to use seven on your quiz. The following characters relate to your quiz:
1. I am Odin's "thought." _________________
2. I am Odin's "Memory." _________________
3. Mother to Balder; Friday; weaves the clouds ______________
4. Loves gold; hates war ____________________
5. Strong senses _________________
6. Trickster _______________
7. The end of the Norse World is called ______________
8. I have eight legs. _______________
9. Wednesday ______________
10. The "heaven" in the land of the gods is called ____________
11. Loki is our father 11.______________12.______________13.____________
14. I have a special hammer _______________
15. Apples are my favorite fruit. _________________
16. Well of past, present and future ____________________