Monday, January 25, 2010

Hercules in Church....

Dear Mythology Students,

During our church services this past Sunday, I sat by a man that I did not know. So, naturally, I introduced myself and my family. I asked him what he did for a living and he replied, "I own a construction company."

"Really, what is the name of your company?"

"Hercules construction."

I started to laugh, (yes, in church)and he naturally questioned my response. I explained that I taught Mythology at Timpanogos and that we had just discussed the myth of Heracles this past week. I then asked him why he had elected to name his company after a mythological character.

This was his reply.

"I studied mythology while in college, and I was always interested in the myth of "Hercules." He was recognized for his strength and being able to complete any task given to him, so I thought that using the name "Hercules would be an appropriate title for my business."

I just thought I would share that story with you, as Mythology is every where!

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Cheers,
Crampon

November 17/20th,2017

Dear Mythology Kids, STOP  MISSING CLASS! I am always available to assist you, but it is not fair for you to assume that I can drop everyt...