Thursday, November 11, 2010

We completed the "characters" associated with Hercules today in class!

Dear Mythology Kids,

I am so proud of those that presented concerning Heracles; you have clearly done your research! In preparation for your quiz on Thursday, I have included a "practice quiz" for you below.


For those of you you missed class today, Thursday, November 11th we discussed the following characters associated with Heracles.....Nessus/Geryon/ Hebe/ Muses. In order to be prepared for the quiz on Monday, I would contact a friend that is currently in Mythology, or learn more about the characters through research. We also started our discussion concerning characters associated with Odysseus (Lotus-eaters/Laestragonians/Polyphemus/Aelous).
.

Practice Quiz covering "Characters associated with Heracles"

1."Stop acting so juvenile." _____________/_____________ (she has a Roman name)
2. "My car was stuck in the snow." _______________
3. We hate the sound of baby rattles. _______________
4. French, German, Latin, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Turkish, Arabic...the list could reach 100. __________________
5. While at the beach, a crab bit my heel (labor). ______________
6. "Hey, boss, you taste like chicken." ______________
7. Apollo is our master . ______________
8. Golden horns and bronze hooves _____________
9. Apples are a precious gift that must always be guarded ______________
10. "What a beautiful fur coat you have."
        "Thank-you, it's made of steal." _________________
11."I would have gladly given him my belt." __________________
12. "Love Potion" ____________
13. Foul Fowls ________________
14. Third and immortal wife of Heracles_____________/_____________
15. My blood is toxic _____________
16. I am suffering from cancer (labor) _______________.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday.

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...