Friday, November 19, 2010

We completed your presentations today in class...WELL DONE!

Dear Mythology Students,

I am so proud of you! Your presentations have been helpful and thorough in giving your peers schema concerning the "hero myths."


If you missed class, we completed the following:

1. We finished the presentations for the following characters:
              a. Andromeda/Casseopeia
              b. Chrion/Eris
              c. Ganymede/Iris
              d. Cupid/Chimera
              e. Pan/Midas

HOMEWORK:
1. Remember that your Nature Myth Revision is due on Tuesday!
2. QUIZ covering the characters associated with Perseus, Theseus, Achilles and Bellerophon will take place on TUESDAY. Check out the practice quiz below.

PRACTICE QUIZ:

1. We have never known the benefits of youth. _____________ (we) ____________(hero)
2. I "own" a cement company. ____________ (I) ________________ (hero)
3. "Do you need some thread for your shoe?" _______________(character) ___________ (hero)
4. Because you abandoned my wife, I will make you forget the colors of black and white _____________ (my wife) _____________ (hero)
5. "My love for it is so full of bull." ___________ (associated monster) __________(hero)
6. My son and I are imprisoned in a labyrinth. ________________ (I) _______________ (hero)
7. I excel at creating decoy cows, mazes, and wings. __________( I) ___________(hero)
8. My mother is the guilty party. I am innocent of arrogance towards the gods. __________ (I) _____________ (hero)
9. I taught Achilles the art of warfare. ____________(I) ____________(hero)
10. I helped my true love collect the beauty of Persephone. _____________ (I)
11. I love roller-coasters because I value hanging upside down. __________(I) ____________ (hero)
12. "Nurse" of Contention _____________(nurse) ____________(hero)

I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
Cheers,
Crampton

Your FINAL exam!

Dear Mythology Kids, It's nice to "see" you again. Let me offer some "study guidance" for your final exam. Please ...